Set default resolution and default center by on longitude & latitude

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Hi!
I am new in Mapui. I unable to set default resolution before the map is loaded!

You pleasure!
Thnks
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
The MapControl is normally initialized to the full envelope of the available data. You can prevent this by setting the MapControl.Viewport.Resolution and the MapControl.Viewport.Center. Both need to be set. I think this should change.
Oct 9, 2013 at 5:20 AM
Edited Oct 9, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Thanks pauldendulk

I looked on Point class, it's has two property that X and Y. Are they longitude and latitude?

I think they not. How can I convert longitude and latitude into Geometry Point?. Can you give me some helpful link?

Thnks
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM
The X and Y of the Point class are not in a specific projection, that depends on its use. The Viewport.Center Point is in the projection of te map. So it is only WGS84 (longitude latitude) if the map is too.

If you use OSM, Bing or Google as baselayer the projection of the map is in SphericalMercator. Here is a way to calculate between WGS84 en SphericalMercator:
http://pauldendulk.com/2011/04/projecting-from-wgs84-to.html

Paul
Oct 12, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Edited Oct 12, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Thanks Paul

You are very kind.

I also have another question for you.

How can I draw a new object ui into your map or a new layer ? My I use the CanvasRender..?
If we add a new layer that contain all of my new polyline object. How can I do that:? I mean I see the mapsui assembly has some Layer class. Is there any class I can use for my purpose:?
Can you give me the best solution,

thnks