IS THIS PROJECT STILL ALIVE???

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Hello! Is there anybody? Does this project have a future? Need some help, but I see that the developers didn`t ask for a long time...
Sep 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM
When you look at the history, the last commit was 2 days ago, so, yeah...
https://mapsui.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets
Sep 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
philjay, thank you for the reply and for this amazing project!

Can you tell me, if there would be a support of variable layer collections like in sharpmap? Or maybe there is another way to implement a moving marker on the main map?
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM
hi people, sorry for neglecting the forum. There is so much to do.

Yes it is possible to have moving markers, that is what I do in most of my Mapsui projects. How it works is that the layer.DataChanged needs to be called so that the MapControl know it needs to render again. I usually do this by creating a custom implementation of ILayer. I should add a sample for this.
Sep 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Hi, pauldendulk! Thank you for the info. Please add this sample. I really need it, cause I`m transferring my project from winforms to wpf and from sharpmap to mapsui, and this problem is very important to me and I steel cant solve this problem.
Sep 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM
So you simply create a new Feature()
then you Feature.Styles.Add(new SymbolStyle { Symbol = somebitmap })
add this to a layer
then whenever you want to move the marker, you can set Feature.Geometry = new Point(x,y)
and simply call MapControl.Refresh() or if you don't want to depend on the mapcontrol in your Business logics, maybe create a custom ILayer that calls DataChanged...
Oct 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Edited Oct 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I`m trying to implement some simple method for adding a label point over an osmlayer, but get this error "The bes overloaded method match for SharpMap.LayerCollection.Add(SharpMap.Layers.ILayer)' has some invalid arguments.

How can I use the mapsui layer?

here is the code:
private void addObjToMap(double x, double y)
        {
            Mapsui.Providers.Feature f = new Mapsui.Providers.Feature();
            f.Styles.Add(new Mapsui.Styles.SymbolStyle { Symbol = new Mapsui.Styles.Bitmap() { Data = new FileStream(@"C:\Users\user\Desktop\location_geo_gps.png", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read) } });
            f.Geometry = new Mapsui.Geometries.Point(x, y);
            Mapsui.Layers.Layer layer = new Mapsui.Layers.Layer("gps_location_point");

layer.DataSource = new Mapsui.Providers.MemoryProvider(f);

mapControl.Map.Layers.Add(layer); // Here is an error "The bes overloaded method match for 
                                                                     // 'SharpMap.LayerCollection.Add(SharpMap.Layers.ILayer)' has some invalid
                                                                     // arguments
        }
And I don`t understand where I should use sharpmap classes and where mapsui. And can I do for example this on only by using mapsui classes?
private void OsmMapLoad(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            mapControl.Map = CreateMap(tileLayer());
        }

private static Map CreateMap(TileLayer layer)
        {
            var map = new Map();
            map.Layers.Add(layer);
            return map;
        }

private static TileLayer tileLayer()
        {
            string tileCachePath = "@C:\Users\user\Desktop\openstreetmap";
            string tileFileType = "png";
            BruTile.Cache.FileCache fileCache = new BruTile.Cache.FileCache(tileCachePath, tileFileType);
            BruTile.FileSystem.FileTileProvider fileProvider = new BruTile.FileSystem.FileTileProvider(fileCache);
            BruTile.TileSource tileSource = new BruTile.TileSource(fileProvider, new BruTile.PreDefined.SphericalMercatorInvertedWorldSchema());
            var tileLayer = new SharpMap.Layers.TileLayer(tileSource);
            return tileLayer;
        }
Why should I use sharpmap layers on mapsui map control? For example I tryed to implement this by using mapsui classes but with no result.

Maybe I do something wrong? Please help me, this problem makes my brain collapse %)
Oct 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
You should not use SharpMap, it's not part of Mapsui and not compatible.
Oct 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Now I am understand why I cant use mapsui layers. This code was done on the old version of mapsui.windows.dll (0.3.0.0) and the main problem is that I cant make the latest version of this lib to work.