WPF – horizontal lines/gaps between tiles

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Hello Paul,

first of all, thank you very much for Your wonderful project. When I was looking for open-source WMS library for my new WPF project MapsUI met all requirements. On the top, your code is very well structured and clear to understand so I do not miss documentation at all.

Now to my problem:

I have horizontal gray lines between tiles – please see print-screen.

PRINT-SCREEN

The problem seems to be for all my layers.

I am using the latest version (build from source) - 44e7f35560c0

All layers are from WMS.

Note:
I have two WPF applications testing and production. Only in the later case the gray lines appears. I do not understand why? I have been checking configuration all day and it is the same for both in terms of URL, resolutions, Srs, image formats etc. However, only one has the defect.

Do you have any idea why are there those gray lines and how can I get rid off them?
Jun 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM
A guess, could it be the way to MapControl is positioned in XAML? stretch mode or something like that?

Do you run the test and production versions on the same machine?

Paul
Jun 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Thank you for response, you are right!

The culprit was one of the Grid above MapControl. The Grid contained two rows (one with fixed Height one auto-size Height). The content of each row was dynamically changed.

Once I changed the other row Height of the Grid to be fixed as well the problem disappeared. …..