Compile dependency issues

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I did a checkout of the Mapsui and BruTile projects. I am trying to compile the solution (in VS2008), and am running into an issue getting the SharpMapProvider project to compile because:

Error 13 Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\csomerlot\Desktop\Mapsui\trunk\SharpMap\bin\Debug\WpfRendering.dll' could not be found (SharpMapProvider)

I can not figure out where that dependency is supposed to come from. Any suggestions? All the references for all the projects seem to be set OK.

Thanks very much,

Chris

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2011 at 6:11 AM

Your error message doesn't look familiar, but there was a problem with the build of Mapsui.Desktop.sln and I fixed it yesterday. Please let me know if that doesn't fix your problem.

Paul

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:55 PM

It did, thanks very much.

Chris

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Hi Paul

I am trying to build Mapsui.WindowsPhone.sln and getting similar error which says:

Error 8 Metadata file 'C:\ProjectMap\Lib\Mapsui_03ed26d9d2bd\SharpMapCore\Bin\Debug\SharpMap.dll' could not be found SilverlightRendering-WP 

Can you take a look please.

Thanks a lot
Harut 

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Hello Harut,

I fixed it. 

We are looking into a better approach to keeping several projects in sync to avoid these compile errors.

Paul

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Thanks Paul. 

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM

hmm :(

I did a quick run and get a runtime error. It could be because BruTile is compiled as SL 4 project instead of 3. You might have to recompile BruTile for SL 3.

Paul

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Paul

I compiled solution with visual studio 2010 express for windows phone and didn't find any problem yet.
Though didn't have much time to use it in advance.

I will let you know if any problem will appear.

Thanks
Harut