IAsyncDataFetcher

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Hello, I am trying to compile the Mapsui source code and it seems that a couple of classes are being derived from IAsyncDataFetcher, but I can't find any file that defines this interface.  Could someone please assist me with this issue?  Thanks very much!

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Actually it's just not in the project file so I added that to the project.  However, now I'm stuck with BruTile.UI.WPF.Window1.cs getting compile errors because it can't find a RootLayer member of the BruTile.UI.Windows.MapControl class.  Any help appreciated.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Hi there, 

sorry about that. I am in the middle of a big refactor this week and did not make sure the WPF version was still building. I am working with Silverlight. I am afraid there will be more change to come. I am not sure what the best way is to go about that. Maybe I have a better story by the end of this week.

Paul.

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response.  I used an older version of your software just to do a "proof of principle" for embedded it as a map provider and that worked fine for me.  Your control is quite impressive!  It's easy to use and enjoyable to program.  Because I have slightly different needs,  I basically created an analogous class to your MapControl to better suit my needs, but I've got your tile renderer embedded in my WPF application and it works wonderfully.

One issue I am currently struggling with is that I am trying to precisely locate and display locations using lat/long coordinates and your tile renderer.  From what I understand, you are using the EPSG:3785 mercator spherical spatial reference.  So, I am using ProjNet to perform a conversion from lat/long (using WGS84 I believe?) to your EPSG:3785 and things are a bit off.  I'm seeing that my coordinates in lat/long are being displayed on the map offset by 20 to 30 km in the display from what I would expect.  Would you possibly have any suggestions as to where to look for this discrepancy?

Again, your work is really well done and is a much needed contribution to the open source community!

Thanks,

Gerard